RealPagan- Paganism for the Real World

Midnyte Hawk

Christian Group Directs “Spiritual Warfare” Against Pagan Goddess

Views: 179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that could be its own discussion topic completely, but I'm sliding into full vacation mode, so I'm too lazy to start it up. ;)

One thing that one of my teachers stressed (to paraphrase) is that if those who are above you move to block what you do, there's not going to be anything you can do to cause change to happen. This isn't the first time that these individuals have tried through these prayer means to get the changes happen that they desire. Look at the push to get Sarah Palin into national office with a massive "prayer movement" by a broader group that included these crazies--no success there. (And for an even more hilarious example, try looking at Pat Robertson's presidential run!) 

Because they're not using their own energies, but instead are calling on an outside intermediary to make the magic happen, that intermediary has to be in accord with what they're asking or nothing will happen. The intermediary that they've chosen, depending on the faction of the group you look at, would either be Jesus or a Jewish tribal god. A Jewish tribal god really isn't going to listen to the war drums of people who aren't part of his covenant. And Jesus certainly embodies ideas that run counter to mass slaughter or political gain. So no matter how much they thump their chests or pray fervently for change, as long as they want it in line with "god's will" or with the help of Jesus, they're pretty well screwed out of the possibility of success.

Daniel said:

Though I agree with Leisha and the rest that these folks are nuts, I cannot ignore the energetics of what they are creating with 51 days of repeated prayer and visualization.  If you think that folks like this are unorganized you are wrong.  They have pre-determinied prayers, visualizations, focused intent and very intense emotional response.  Last I checked this was the makings of pretty effective magic.  I will be working against this just as surely as I would work against any other black magic directed against me and mine.  See their intent is to be able to legislate Biblical Law as they interpret it.  This effects my life as a citizen of this country, and a religous minority (not to mention being gay with is a whole other pyre they would like to "fan the flames of").  Even their imagery is a reference to their god cleansing the world by fire.  Not just hokey $RW type magic here, even if they dont know it.
Gotcha...it's so hard to read sarcasm online sometimes. Thanks for clearing that up! :)

Michiko said:

I don't think that this is persecution-- I was actually just being "sarcastic" and trying to be "funny" when I commented on underestimating the Christians. Although perhaps some do find their antics harrassing and an annoyance to their faith.

However I don't take this seriously, I don't feel persecuted, and I would hope that I'm not crazier than this group.

O.k. but if Christians declare spiritual warfare on just the Goddess, that means the God can still join her to form a tag-team right?
Exactly Ren,lmao

ren said:
O.k. but if Christians declare spiritual warfare on just the Goddess, that means the God can still join her to form a tag-team right?

In the instances you mention about campaigns etc. I would agree with you, Leisha. These folks are too disorganized, are calling in deities who really are not appropriate to their cause, and could really care less in other cases.

My concern comes when the field narrows and the people with the same image/symbol set from the same church start this nonsense.  Many of these people do work with an intercessor of some sort, to be sure, but the emotional punch that their fervor gives the ritualized prayer gives me pause.  That combined with the hypnosis techniques employed in these large amphitheatre churches make for a rather powerful energetic machine.  The usual case is that the energy raised from these large holy roller churches is not effectively directed, and the visualization of the participants is not as unified.  (I have attended several services at such churches as part of my own curiosity)  It is my theory, that a new god has been formed since the puritans landed here and has been fed energy ala Neil Gaiman's American Gods.  No proof there, just a pet topic to kick around.  If you notice, the American fundamentalist's view of the Jehovah is a far cry from his Old Testament image, and their view of his son focuses too much on his episode with the money changers at the temple.

Interesting topic!  Not sure I could prove my theory, but I aint taking any chances.  We got kooky, crazy and whacko running on the Republican ticket in 2012.  When the Later Day Saint is the seemingly most sane of the three I feel it worth the magical effort to neutralize harm and to bring calm.

Leisha -- Secret Agent (SHH!) said:

One thing that one of my teachers stressed (to paraphrase) is that if those who are above you move to block what you do, there's not going to be anything you can do to cause change to happen. This isn't the first time that these individuals have tried through these prayer means to get the changes happen that they desire. Look at the push to get Sarah Palin into national office with a massive "prayer movement" by a broader group that included these crazies--no success there. (And for an even more hilarious example, try looking at Pat Robertson's presidential run!) 

Commenting on end quote in video "Let's Fan The Flame Together".

I say if they want to go play with fire then, by all means let them.

Oy vey, this totally is its own discussion point!!! :)

At some point in my copious free time, I'd like to run comparisons between the Second Great Awakening of the 1800s and the rise of the megachurch of the past decade. I have a feeling that if we look at the numbers, there was much more participation during the S.G.A. than there is in this era, and certainly from an energetic level, a megachurch service can't hold a proverbial flame to what was going on in the S.G.A. 

Looking at the results of the first three Great Awakenings here in the U.S. (I personally don't think that the one called the Fourth Great Awakening was significant enough to be considered a Great Awakening), they are short-lived....maybe 50 years. They also end up with odd results in the area of social justice--a greater affirmation of rights of all people, emphasis on charity work and social causes, and so on. Whether or not that is the intent going in, I think that when you actually do end up tapping into a divine current, you can't help but be sanctified by it. And the more that you align within that divine spirit, the less you're able to carry out some of the "church agenda points" that some of these more radical forces have.

So when you get down to it... if they tap into that divine stream, they're not a threat because they get purged of the desire to do great harm against other people in that divine stream (even if they are accessing it from a different "deity point" than those they originally wanted to target). If they don't tap into that divine stream, then any calls for action through deity as an intercessory will go unanswered. 

That brings to the third case that you describe--the ability for these groups to raise energy devoid of a desire to tap a divine stream of energy and then send it without the blessing of any deity. First and foremost, you'd need someone pretty darn skilled to pull that off in a megachurch. Even the most skilled energy workers I know would be burned out trying to mediate the energy of a thousand once or twice a year, let alone tens of thousands once or twice a week. When this attempt is made, it often sends out some interesting imbalances within the individual. Those imbalances on an energetic level show up as outward characteristics that are scandalous to a church--sexual impropriety, immoral and/or illegal accumulation of wealth, drug or alcohol abuse, etc. Once something like that hits a church, it can take decades for the parishioners to recover, if they ever do, within that church. Even if a church is consistently raising good energy, without the ability to direct it (which does seem to be a skill lacking within recent Christianity), or the ability to survive mediating it, that energy just grounds itself out.

Do I believe that new deities have been created here in the U.S. within the past 400 years or so?  No. Do I believe that there's the potential to name new deities here in the U.S. that are actively worked with? Absolutely. Do I think many people have named the deities they work with in the modern era? Nope. :) 

But yeah, it is important to be part of the world if you want to influence the way the world is going. Voting, political activism, being educated, and so on all do a part. 

And with that, I totally gotta get out of this thread, much as I'd love to discuss it for hours--I've got an umbrella drink served poolside that is calling my name, and I gotta get packing to hit the road and get it!!
Daniel said:

My concern comes when the field narrows and the people with the same image/symbol set from the same church start this nonsense.  Many of these people do work with an intercessor of some sort, to be sure, but the emotional punch that their fervor gives the ritualized prayer gives me pause.  That combined with the hypnosis techniques employed in these large amphitheatre churches make for a rather powerful energetic machine.  The usual case is that the energy raised from these large holy roller churches is not effectively directed, and the visualization of the participants is not as unified.  (I have attended several services at such churches as part of my own curiosity)  It is my theory, that a new god has been formed since the puritans landed here and has been fed energy ala Neil Gaiman's American Gods.  No proof there, just a pet topic to kick around.  If you notice, the American fundamentalist's view of the Jehovah is a far cry from his Old Testament image, and their view of his son focuses too much on his episode with the money changers at the temple.

Interesting topic!  Not sure I could prove my theory, but I aint taking any chances.  We got kooky, crazy and whacko running on the Republican ticket in 2012.  When the Later Day Saint is the seemingly most sane of the three I feel it worth the magical effort to neutralize harm and to bring calm.

Leisha -- Secret Agent (SHH!) said:

Ha I had a serious lol moment when I read this. I also had a moment of triumph because I can't imagine this happening 10 years ago even. It shows a growing re-emergence of confidence in pre-Christian customs and Gods and the waning confidence of the Christians. The only thing about it that worries me is that it could so easily become violent, such as the desecration of the Nova Roma temple to Jupiter.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

CURRENT MOON

© 2011   Created by Sangraal.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Sign in to chat!
The Pagan Top Sites List