RealPagan- Paganism for the Real World

So, this started as a series of comments in the outer area, and I decided to instead confine it all to a single thread for easier reference, and to slow down the noise y'all are getting via emails. Following is the transcription, after which I will continue from there. My words are in italics, Oak's are in bold.

Beorc Kano:

I have a question when it comes to anointing candles...

What are the effects of anointing a candle with one oil, and then another? For example... I purchased a green pyramid candle from Lucky Mojo (AMAZING little storefront, absolutely TINY and hard to find (yes, I am bragging here)), and then I got some of Oakthorne's AWESOME oils. The ones I used were Road Opening oil and High John the Conqueror oil. I anointed the candle first with Road Opening oil, then with the High John.

I've never come across a multiple oil anointing before... but I went with it anyways. Thoughts?

Oakthorne:

It's actually not uncommon to anoint with multiple oils. You can do this to address specific concerns, or to "boost" certain other oils. For instance, Fast Luck is often added to other oils to make whatever you want to happen happen quick, High John is added to give you power over a situation or allow you to "conquer" it, Queen Elizabeth is often added to denote a "women's" or mother's concern, and Road Opener is used to throw open doors, provide opportunities and remove obstacles.

Beorc Kano:

So, for example, I've been stuck as the most skilled sales associate in the force, while someone who was hired after me was promoted to general manager. This individual now has aspirations of purchasing my grandfather's company... which I was wanting to move into inheriting when he decided to retire.

The first step I made was to become the best at what it is that I do, and I have done so. Nobody in the company is better than me at sales. Seeing as how I have been placed at the least grossing location (accounting for 1/10 of the company sales), yet have been able to move to third in sales, were I in a more active location (say, the HQ, which accounts for roughly a third of the sales), I would easily take first. The only thing that is standing in my way, currently, is the General Manager, who has put me in the slow location with the point that "He knows what he is doing, he should be there to try and turn it around."

Logically, it makes sense, but my commission is suffering from it, and my position in the company is suffering. Meanwhile, Caleb is consolidating all of the management positions into one (he started out as Sales Manager, then took general manager, and combined the two, then, as the Store Leads moved on, he took over their positions). A close friend of mine just put in his 2 week notice, and he is the Weekend Lead of the main HQ.

I want that position. It'll get my foot in the door. Couple that with the fact that I just achieved my Associate's degree in Small Business Entrepreneurship and Human Resource Management, and I'm looking more and more prime for the position I want, which will be, eventually, heir to the company. My grandfather is one of those "Prove you deserve it, and it's yours" types, and I'm doing my damndest on the mundane side.

I just think a little bit of an extra kick won't go awry. I've started with that candle and oil... do you have any other suggestions?

Oakthorne:

Alright. There are three principal actors in this scenario: You, your grandfather, and this other fellow.

You can boost your own performance and success in some capacity. You can sweeten your grandfather to you. You can trip up this other fellow. Conjure has traditional techniques for doing any or all of these things. What is your preference?

Beorc Kano:

his is a tough decision... I'm not opposed to doing all three. Tripping up the general manager would make his position in the company fragile, and ripe for the taking. Sweetening my grandfather towards me would be good, since he has been primarily a businessman for most of my life, with ten of the last twelve years or so being separated from me. Boosting my own performance is always a plus... we all can benefit from improvement.

Oakthorne:

Gotcha. Tripping up the GM is going to be straight-up Crossing work. If you were closer to him, I'd suggest Hot Footing him, but even that wouldn't guarantee him messing up. It'd just make him get out of your life.

For yourself, I would suggest a mojo. Use a High John for its heart, with some success, prosperity and compelling curios to aid it, and dress it in Crown of Success oil, possibly boosted with something else (like Fast Luck, High John or Road Opener oils).

For your grandfather, use a honeypot. If you want it to work a little faster, use both sugar and honey. Lay your curios in the pot, cover with sugar and then fill the rest with honey. If you want to add a little "heat" to it, add some red pepper flakes and/or gunpowder to the curios, but do be warned: sometimes that heat can get to be a little much. Use the honeypot as a base for burning purple candles dressed with Crown of Success or High John oil, and green candles dressed with a prosperity oil.

Beorc Kano:

So, two questions... If I were to, say, hotfoot the GM, and then perform a door/road opening ritual of some sort for him... That may make his time in this company uncomfortable, while opening up doors for him elsewhere... This would, in effect, get him out of my way, and motivate him to do so. Thoughts?

Also, he has said some things about my grandfather in the past six months that, were they to come back to my grandfather, would damage my grandfather's like of him. I was thinking adding a sprinkling of wormwood powder or a drop or two of wormwood oil to the Honeypot, for True Sight. The problem it, it's bitter smelling and tasting, and toxic. how would that apply to/affect the honeypot? Would the taste/smell of the oil offset the sweetness of the honey and sugar, or would the effects of the oil be more apparent than the sense effects?

Now, I am very unfamiliar with how to hotfoot... I've done a short bit of spot research, but could use some directional pointers. I'ma go through the articles here, see if I can come up with anything. Of course, any pointers you have would be greatly appreciated. Is there a such think as a Hotfoot jar, like a honeypot in revere, or would that simply embitter the GM towards me?

Other bits would be that I was considering, instead, dressing a white Stick candle with Wormwood, lighting it with my Master candle, and setting it between the Hotfoot spell and my grandfather's Honeypot. That way, the Wormwood oil would have it's say, bringing True Sight into the mix, without bittering the Honey Pot, and directing it towards the hotfooted GM. How does that sound?

Admittedly, I have had precious little time to study... Full time job, working over time when I can, five kids, a wife, and the attempt at NOT being a hermit... I really ever only have time for spot research... What would you suggest?

Also, should I move this into a thread or PM? I'm down with public discussion, if you are.

Oakthorne:

By all means. Kick it into a thread, copy what we've said here so far, and we'll go from there. :)

*kick*

Views: 70

Replies to This Discussion

So here I am. I have two of those jars with the wire-locking lids and rubber seals. I have:

• a pound of local clover honey
  • one Mexican Cherry Bomb Pepper (this thing just SMELLS spicy!)
  • a bottle of Burn Baby Burn hotsauce (that is ONLY Habanero peppers, jalapeno peppers, salt, and vinegar, all organic (I'm big on organic stuff in workings))
  • a bag full of crushed red pepper
  • a bag full of peppermint (just for general purpose)
  • a baggie of Gentian root (whose folk name is bitter root)
  • a copy of the GM's signature, the one he uses when signing contracts, which is the same as the one on his driver's license.

I don't have anything for my grandfather yet... but that can be remedied. In my personal storage that I had before, I have

• Frankincense
  • Myrrh
  • Dragon's Blood
  • Red Cedarwood
  • Dark Sandalwood
  • Patchouli
  • Sage (one part Desert Sage with 3 parts White Sage)
  • Red Joss Powder
  • Wormwood (herb, both raw and powdered)
  • Wormwood oil
  • Nag Champa oil
  • Road Opener oil
  • High John Oil
  • unbleached, undyed, organic muslin
  • hemp cord
  • access to beach water or sand, and/or the ocean

So.

Where to start? What more should I gather? I know that Hoodoo is a rather materials intensive practice, just from what I have seen on here, and that is part of what I like about it. I've got a direction in mind, but I would appreciate some more feedback. :)

Generally speaking, Hot Foot's effectiveness is sort of based on "out by any means." I wouldn't personally confuse that up by adding in the Road Opener. It'll limit the possibilities of movement to those based on removal of obstacles. Also, truthfully speaking, Hot Foot is very area-intensive. Long distance Hot Foot stuff is good for affecting someone who is in your physical life, but if he's a long-distance nuisance, I'd frankly use other methods.

With regards to the honeypot, don't confuse it. The honeypot is about you and your grandfather. No element of the GM comes into play in that Work, so I wouldn't use the wormwood. Also, as you mention, it's bitter, and that's not something you want to work into a sweetening magic. Finally, in conjure, wormwood is solely protective, usually for averting accidents.

I see. So, wormwood is out, at least insofar as the conjure is concerned. Not a problem.

Now, the little bit I've been able to find about Hotfooting is the sprinkling of powder where they will walk... this is not very feasible to do, seeing as how we work at different locations. A long distance working will need to be done, I think, rather than something close by. For some reason, the "___-pot" seems to be talking to me pretty good. Is there a version of the Honeypot that is for making people GTFO?

CROSSING A MAN:
My suggestion would be to work up a spell-bottle to affect this GM guy. Fill with vinegar, hot peppers (of the sort you mention), his signature as a personal concern, nine needles, nine pins, black pepper, salt and some High John oil.

Write up a petition paper, using a brown paper bag, torn in a square about two to three inches on a side. Write his name once, turn the paper 90 degrees, then write your own name over his, so that you cross him. All along the edges of the paper, write a phrase like "fuck up and go away", over and over, in unbroken cursive script that reconnects with itself. Fold it three or five times, folding it away from yourself, then drop that folded up bit into the bottle. Seal the bottle.

You can "work the bottle" (shaking it vigorously) anytime you interact with him or he otherwise influences your daily life. If you are on the phone with him, shake the hell out of it the entire time.

You can also burn candles atop it, the way you would a honeypot. Black candles preferred, anointed with Crossing or Hot Foot oil should go a long way towards achieving what you're after.

Yaknow, that is almost what I was thinking, with some of my unassembled thoughts refined and directed. You're the man, Oak. Thanks for this. A few questions about what I have/have access to;

I have the one pepper, and the Burn Baby Burn sauce. I can also add some Black Pepper, not a problem, and I have Rock Salt from the midwest, where he is from. Will these things work for the bottle?

They sound perfect, yeah. :)

Need anything else on doing any of these things? Pretty solid with the honeypot and your mojo?

Those were going to come next. The honeypot; I have a jar the same as the one I am going to use for th espell bottle, glass with a rubber seal and locking mechanism, a pound of honey, and some sugar. I was going to get organic sugar, but, well that stuff is expensive, and I already have white sugar. My question is, what should I use for the representation of my grandfather? I hate to say it, but I don't have anything that he gave me here in the house... just about everything I've gotten from him has been lost or destroyed over the years. Any suggestions?

As for the mojo... we're talking a mojo bag, right? Like a small, talisman-like pouch? I have a High John root piece... I got it special at Lucky Mojo. It seemed to like me, so I grabbed it. Other than that, I have two coins, a half dollar and a silver dollar, both bicentennials, that I keep with me fairly often, as lucky coins or fidget pieces. I figure those could go in there. What do you suggest?

Yeah, use the white sugar for your grandfather. That's perfect. If you don't have anything of his, a photo is next best. Even if it's something you print off of a family member's Facebook photos, or something. Failing that, write a name paper for him. Write his name three times, one above the next on a petition paper (same as above, torn from a paper sack, etc), and write something like "Regard me well" or something along those lines around the name block, in a circle.

And yeah, a mojo bag. Go for purple, anoint and bless your High John to use as your toby's heart. Add some other things associated with skill, including some of that mint you mention above (for prosperity). Add a bay leaf for success, calamus for influence over others, and frankincense to intensify the mojo you're employing. Feed your bag with Crown of Success oil, or whiskey. Make sure you look through the post on Mojo Bags I have linked on the front page of the Hoodoo group.

Purple... would a Crown Royal bag work? I have one of the big ones. I also have scotch, instead of standard whiskey, but it's a scotch that I use for ceremonial purposes only (no more drinking it), and scotch is a more refined form of whiskey... Methinks that should work okay, aye?

Oakthorne said:

Yeah, use the white sugar for your grandfather. That's perfect. If you don't have anything of his, a photo is next best. Even if it's something you print off of a family member's Facebook photos, or something. Failing that, write a name paper for him. Write his name three times, one above the next on a petition paper (same as above, torn from a paper sack, etc), and write something like "Regard me well" or something along those lines around the name block, in a circle.

And yeah, a mojo bag. Go for purple, anoint and bless your High John to use as your toby's heart. Add some other things associated with skill, including some of that mint you mention above (for prosperity). Add a bay leaf for success, calamus for influence over others, and frankincense to intensify the mojo you're employing. Feed your bag with Crown of Success oil, or whiskey. Make sure you look through the post on Mojo Bags I have linked on the front page of the Hoodoo group.

Should be just fine, yeah. :)

Alright, cool. Thanks, Oak. I've got the bits for the spell jar about assembled, and now all I need is the pins and needles. i have almost everything for the honeypot too... just need to be able to print out the picture of my grandfather. If I have one with him and I in the same photo, should I go for that one, or should it be all him? I have to keep my eclectic mind in check... hence all the questions.

As for pins and needles... I'm a wee bit shy of them. Would a nail work, or would the needles be best? Just wanna know before I go out and buy a pack of them.

Both of you is just fine. Ideal, in fact.

And yeah, nails will work jsut fine. As will cactus spines, rose thorns, broken glass.

RSS

CURRENT MOON

© 2012   Created by Sangraal.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Pagan Top Sites List