RealPagan- Paganism for the Real World

The honey pot is an old bit of conjure used to "sweeten" someone to you. The precise nature of this sweetening can often be focused through the use of specific dressing oils.

Requirements

To make a honeypot, you'll need the following:

• A small jar, with a flat lid
  • A candle, usually prepared as a Client Candle
  • The dressing oil you use in preparing the candle. This should be of a sort appropriate to the kind of sweetening you're after: a love oil for those you want to notice you romantically, a command oil for those that you want to get your way out of, a peace oil for those who're tired of quarreling with, etc.
  • An amount of honey that will fill the jar
  • A small square of parchment and a pen
  • Any herbs, minerals or other curios appropriate to the work at hand.

The Name Paper

At the center of the honeypot is the Name Paper. This is a small piece of parchment with the name of the person you are looking to sweeten to you.

• Taking up the pen, write the name of the person on it in a single line without lifting your pen.
  • Turn the paper 90º and write their name again (again, in a single line without lifting your pen), so that this one crosses the first one, making an X.
  • Turn the paper 90º and write your own name OVER their first one, in a single line without lifting your pen.
  • Turn the paper again, and write your own name over their name again.
  • You should now have an X made up of two separate names.
  • Anoint the four corners of the parchment with dabs of dressing oil on your fingers, and then dab a dot in the middle of the X (so that the dabs of oil form the quincunx, a pattern like the five pips on the five-face of a six-sided die).
  • Now fold the paper once, folding towards you, and then fold it a second time, again towards you.
  • Place this paper down into the jar.

Instead of a parchment, you can instead use official paperwork or other forms of paper identification, such as a document from the business or organization the person represents, or a business card. This is useful for honeypotting judges, for instance. :)

• Instead of writing their name as above, just write your name over the name of the business or organization, or the individual's name on the paper.
  • Write your name again, forming an X, and then anoint that.
  • You may have to fold more than twice for such a document, but remember to always fold it towards yourself.

Other Curios

Now that the name paper is in the jar, it's time to add any other curios that will help the work. Just drop them, one by one, into the jar.

It can be useful to call out the name of the person in question, and tell them what you want from them. "Maggie, let there be peace between us," you might say as you add lavender, for instance.

The Honey

Now, fill the jar with honey. Pay close attention to it as you do so, and it might be helpful to even call out the name of the person and give the ultimate goal of this trick: "Maggie Wilson, you old bat, enough is enough. Let there be peace between us. You'll leave me and mine alone, and mind your own business from now on!"

Then, drop five drops of your dressing oil in it, and three drops of the oils you prefer for power, like High John, Master oil, Luck oils, or what-have-you.

(As an aside, I often suggest keeping aside a little of the same batch of honey at this point, and to eat a little of it to "sweeten your words" when going to encounter this person. That's not traditional hoodoo, though, that I know of - just something of my own. :) )

Let It Sit

Now, let the jar sit. Put it away in a dark, consecrated place and let the mojo work. Give it at least three days before actively using it in any way. (If you have multiple jars working, you may want to label them!)

Let It Burn

When you know that an encounter with this person is imminent, and you need to shift the mojo from a more passive sweetening over time to an active power of influence, take out the jar and put it in the place where you do your candle work.

Then, set the candle in a stand atop the jar lid, and burn it the way you would a normal Client Candle. This will "cook" the mojo that's been steeping in the jar, and get it to moving, the way heat will make honey flow more readily and quickly.

This is best done when you know you've got an important encounter or meeting with the person you've honeypotted - a trial, for instance, a social engagement, date or other meeting.

Views: 97

Replies to This Discussion

Question...how long can you keep a honey pot for?

I can't answer Seren's question, but in the hoodoo blogs there's an interesting article about making a honey pot to "sweeten" an area toward you, similarly to a person.

Take the same procedure as above, but using things representing the area, and for the paper, something like a Google maps satelite image of the area!!  Look at the Crossroadsblog for more info :)  Looked very cool, actually, and I think I'll try this when I move.

As far as I know, you can keep the honey pot as long as you like. I know of some folks who've had one for years.

Once the candle is burnt, is the jar then "used up"? or will the intent still be in the jar? can it be re used?

And if/when it is dead, how is it disposed of? cross roads/running water?

I normally get rid of my magic "waste" by throwing it into a river by my house, it must be like the unseen university dump down stream from me! lol (",)

I'm curious to see what other people have to say as there's probably as many answers as there are practitioners our there. For me, once the candle is burnt down, I just plunk a new candle down there. Just for safety's sake, more often I use tea lights than tapers, so it would get very costly to have to redo a honey pot each time the candle is used up.

If I ever have a need to dispose of a honey pot, I just toss it in the trash. The way I do things, with the exception of graveyard dirt, all the stuff I work with in hoodoo doesn't have to be disposed of in any specific way (which is one of the key differences between the hoodoo-inspired stuff I do and the witchcraft-inspired stuff I do). 

Grayson said:

Once the candle is burnt, is the jar then "used up"? or will the intent still be in the jar? can it be re used?

I normally get rid of my magic "waste" by throwing it into a river by my house, it must be like the unseen university dump down stream from me! lol (",)

No, the jar can remain "alive" for a good long time. In fact, each time you burn a candle on it, it serves to revivify and renew it.

If you do decide it's time to dispose of it, it is generally buried by your front door where possible, like most things that serve to attract things in hoodoo. Failing that, a crossroads or running water are the next best destinations for disposal, yeah.

Grayson said:

RSS

CURRENT MOON

© 2012   Created by Sangraal.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Pagan Top Sites List