RealPagan- Paganism for the Real World

Here you can talk about the varying Druid Orders and there Traditions, From OBOD, to AODA, to RDNA to ADF, so on and so on.

Tags: Druid, Order, Tradition

Views: 68

Replies to This Discussion

Im a member of the ADF, but I am also a CR.

I feel like I am still in too much of a learning stage to rightfully claim a single tradition until I've researched and explored completely enough. To do so would feel like closing myself off before having enough information to make a solid decision about my path. I am a member of the ADF and appreciate their emphasis on academic inquiry and research. I also have an interest in OBOD (which feels at this point like it fills a different, but equally important need for me with its emphasis on creativity) and AODA. Basically, I myself am curious where I will land.

That said, I made my first attempt at a solitary Alban Arthuan ritual last night and am really excited by how it felt. It wasn't perfect (but what is the first time we do it?), but really lovely nonetheless.

So CLEARLY I was feeling feverish over the weekend...the solstice isn't even until Thursday. Oh well, I suppose a little extra reverence never hurt anyone, but boy do I feel silly. :-)

Awen said:

I feel like I am still in too much of a learning stage to rightfully claim a single tradition until I've researched and explored completely enough. To do so would feel like closing myself off before having enough information to make a solid decision about my path. I am a member of the ADF and appreciate their emphasis on academic inquiry and research. I also have an interest in OBOD (which feels at this point like it fills a different, but equally important need for me with its emphasis on creativity) and AODA. Basically, I myself am curious where I will land.

That said, I made my first attempt at a solitary Alban Arthuan ritual last night and am really excited by how it felt. It wasn't perfect (but what is the first time we do it?), but really lovely nonetheless.

I don't have a single Druid path myself yet, but I have Druid friends from many groves across the UK.

The one I have most contact with is a proto-grove of RDG (in Swansea) led by Colin Dunant, and Cyt Warwick,

but I am also in touch with the Anglesea Grove in North Wales, led by Kristopher Hughes.

I admire the work of Emma Restall Orr (Bobcat) and Philip Shallcross (Greywolf) especially the project called Honoring the Ancient Dead which I believe they are involved with.

I follow very closely the work of Philip Carr Gomm too.

I would like to get to know Arthur Pendragon but have not yet had that honour.

I spent a great deal of time amongst the stones of Salisbury plain when I was young, but that was before they fenced it all off and turned into a tourist attraction.

Now I don't visit the henge anymore, but I go instead to the Preselis where the blue stones came from.  The whole area remains as nature formed it and the feeling there is far more magickal.

I really dont know what to class myself in with tradition.  I guess I would love to experience it all really, if that even proper.  I still have a lot of resreach to cover over, but I enjoy Healing excepts.  If anyone has any ideas where I should start would be great. 

Thanks for everyone time.

I'm a solitary Ovate Druid, though I have started thinking about larger groups for the fellowship of like minded, but dont want to get locked into a limiting dogma of a specific Order, to me that goes againsy the very premise of druidity.

RSS

CURRENT MOON

© 2012   Created by Sangraal.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Pagan Top Sites List