RealPagan- Paganism for the Real World

This is what we are seeing all too often in our country and around the world these days. It is a frightening thing. Someone must be the healing balm in all of this. Could it be the Pagan? What can we as Pagan's do today to soothe this climate of hate? Do you feel that you, as a Pagan, have a responsibility to be part of the solution? 

http://http://www.cracked.com/article_15759_10-things-christians-at...

Tags: christian, news, pagan

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am still of the mind that three vans full of masked men with rapid fire paintball guns pulling up in front of them, and unloading 20+ paintball hoppers of 500 rounds each. That's 10,000 paintballs.

A bit of a test of their faith, to see if they cut and run. Do that at *every* picketing event? They'll break. Eventually.

Tambyr (Rissa) said:

Strata... I so admire this post. You always know exactly the right things to say. Thank you for sharing this, because you are so full of wisdom. I could not agree more.

Strata said:

And the action YOU take?  Be the example and raise your children to appreciate the differences in people.  Except for very rare cases you are not going to change one of these people, so make a change where you can.  Be an example and make sure that your family makes a positive impact on the world, based on tolerance and understanding. 

I don't think it is my responsibility as a "pagan" to make a difference for future generations.  I think it's just the right thing to do...

ROFL

*LIKE*

Beorc Kano said:

I am still of the mind that three vans full of masked men with rapid fire paintball guns pulling up in front of them, and unloading 20+ paintball hoppers of 500 rounds each. That's 10,000 paintballs.

A bit of a test of their faith, to see if they cut and run. Do that at *every* picketing event? They'll break. Eventually.

Tambyr (Rissa) said:

Strata... I so admire this post. You always know exactly the right things to say. Thank you for sharing this, because you are so full of wisdom. I could not agree more.

Strata said:

And the action YOU take?  Be the example and raise your children to appreciate the differences in people.  Except for very rare cases you are not going to change one of these people, so make a change where you can.  Be an example and make sure that your family makes a positive impact on the world, based on tolerance and understanding. 

I don't think it is my responsibility as a "pagan" to make a difference for future generations.  I think it's just the right thing to do...

While I ADORE this idea... unfortunately, this particular group looks for opposition, especially violent opposition, as "proof" that they are doing God's work.  They choose such hatespeak as a way to incite aggressive reactions.  If they are being opposed in such as way, it must be the devil at work, no??  And the devil opposes God's work.  This is the mentality.  They desire to be martyrs....

Beorc Kano said:

Tambyr (Rissa) said:

Strata said:

They desire to be martyrs, I desire to see them scatter under a hailstorm of paintballs, unable to muster the the faith to withstand what thousands of teenagers can do every day, without batting an eye!

We BOTH get what we want! It's a win/win situation! :D What's not to like?

Strata said:

While I ADORE this idea... unfortunately, this particular group looks for opposition, especially violent opposition, as "proof" that they are doing God's .  They choose such hatespeak as a way to incite aggressive reactions.  If they are being opposed in such as way, it must be the devil at work, no??  And the devil opposes God's work.  This is the mentality.  They desire to be martyrs....

Beorc Kano said:

Tambyr (Rissa) said:

Strata said:

Lol Beorc, This might have some success buddy! I am in...

Beorc Kano said:

They desire to be martyrs, I desire to see them scatter under a hailstorm of paintballs, unable to muster the the faith to withstand what thousands of teenagers can do every day, without batting an eye!

We BOTH get what we want! It's a win/win situation! :D What's not to like?

Strata said:

While I ADORE this idea... unfortunately, this particular group looks for opposition, especially violent opposition, as "proof" that they are doing God's .  They choose such hatespeak as a way to incite aggressive reactions.  If they are being opposed in such as way, it must be the devil at work, no??  And the devil opposes God's work.  This is the mentality.  They desire to be martyrs....

Beorc Kano said:

Tambyr (Rissa) said:

Strata said:

Those of us that aren't that great with shooting paintballs need target practice anyway :P

Totally true Crystal lol 

Crystal said:

Those of us that aren't that great with shooting paintballs need target practice anyway :P

Reply to Discussion

RSS

CURRENT MOON

© 2011   Created by Sangraal

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Sign in to chat!
The Pagan Top Sites List