RealPagan- Paganism for the Real World

It seems to have become trendy in recent years for people to claim to be faery beings. Maybe it is the result of not having enough let's pretend when they were kids. Perhaps it is the idea that tweenagers shouldn't be told "no" for fear of shattering their self esteem, so they end up growing up without a sense of reality. 

In any case, it is my belief that people aren't faery beings. Period. End of discussion.

For those who make such claims, I think it would be only responsible to offer them the ability to prove their "faeness". So, in this thread, anyone can list a type of fae that they or someone else is claiming to be and then we can all share folkloric tests that can be done to the individual to prove them right or shoot down their claims.

Who's game?

Views: 1455

Replies to This Discussion

That's not a double-blinded study for the following reasons:

1. Your samples were not the same size and shape.

2. Your samples were not in pure form.

3. You wrapped and numbered the materials and yet participated in the experiment. 

The purpose of this thread *is* to create better experiments for proving whether one is fae or not. So.... first things first. If one is fae, they would know what type of fae they are. What type of fae did each person claim to be? If they could not answer, then they've already failed the "are you a fae" test.

We're going with the assumption that the fae are non-physical, non-biological entities here. ;)
Yeah, that's what I believe personally, however the discussion came about that there were physical people walking around claiming to be fae. That's what I'm working to disprove. :)

SCENARIO 1: Person claims to be fae and says they have an iron "allergy".

1. Get their blood taken at a doctor's office and have an iron count done. If their blood contains ANY iron, and they claim that they are fae who can't handle iron, then their own blood would make them sick and they'd be dead by now. If they are alive, then they aren't fae.

2. With a researcher blinded to the study, make non-animal gelatin capsules, two of which contain iron and two others containing inert non-ferrous material. For a period of four hours, have your subject take capsule 1 (inert non-ferrous material) and tell them it does not contain iron. Record their physical response on a Likert-type scale with 0 (no reaction) to 5 (feeling on death's door) at 15 minute intervals over the course of one hour. For hour two, have your subject take capsule 2 (inert non-ferrous material) and tell them that it contains iron. Record their physical response on a Likert-type scale with 0 (no reaction) to 5 (feeling on deaths' door) at 15 minute intervals over the course of one hour. For hour three, have your subject take iron capsule and tell them it does not contain iron. Record their physical response on a Likert-type scale with 0 (no reaction) to 5 (feeling on death's door) at 15 minute intervals over the course of one hour. For hour four, have your subject take an iron capsule and tell them it contains iron. Record their physical response on a Likert-type scale with 0 (no reaction) to 5 (feeling on death's door) at 15 minute intervals over the course of one hour. Run the data through SAS and look at the p values generated.

I've begun recently to study Polish/Slavic Paganism and found some information on the many different types of fairies. The Nature Church of Poland has many pages listed but since I don't speak Polish I'm going to run some through the translator tomorrow and tell you what I can make out. Those programs are problematic at best and the chat beeping derailed me finishing it. So yeah, back on topic tomorrow.
Did you check out Saz's group, she's got a ton of Slavic Mythology/Fae Lore, though most of it is Russian based.  Dunno, might be helpful :)
I have Jen, Thanks. What I've been finding in the Polish groups, the one listed and a study group outside Philly, I've found more culturally revalent but Saz in fact opened the door for me.

Jen {The Pesky Pixie} said:
Did you check out Saz's group, she's got a ton of Slavic Mythology/Fae Lore, though most of it is Russian based.  Dunno, might be helpful
Okay I wasn't sure.  I know I read everything in like a week and I still want more.  Hopefully she'll be able to post more, and I linked her thread on Russian Water Fae with my Water Fae thread...Might work on the different types of Goblins next, not sure, debating lol!

Sutra said:
I have Jen, Thanks. What I've been finding in the Polish groups, the one listed and a study group outside Philly, I've found more culturally revalent but Saz in fact opened the door for me.

Jen {The Pesky Pixie} said:
Did you check out Saz's group, she's got a ton of Slavic Mythology/Fae Lore, though most of it is Russian based.  Dunno, might be helpful

I have a question maybe you could help me with......Im a bit into DNA genetics as a personal read by no means and actual educational standard but intuitivly and through a few studies i have wonderd on a bloodline level now by no means at all is this to be taken as an opinion agreeing with those who claim to be fae at all what so ever......

But I do tend to think in terms of genetics/bloodline alot of differant controversil information is out there on many sides concerning bloodlines evolution and so forth.

but I do belive we some folks do carry decendant bloodlines high frontal lobe skull stucture blood type heath issues or in some cases lack ther of.....really this isint in just reguard to fae but any seemingly introduced genetics

such as RH neg blood only like 30,000 yrs old and blood dosent mutate so where did it come from? rh neg is missing the rhea protien or aka (monkey gene)  those with physical oddities high fevers not ill blood types  then character traits as well just curious as to what you guys think of this veiw on genetics and where we are now i do belive some carry genes of old and though they are not aleins or fae possibly an inherant genetic

my kids and i tease each other about the blood type idea for we are irish by tradition and hertige by no means geographicaly we are american and born and raised but our grandfathers and elder family are right outta Kildare

well 2 of my 3 kids are rh neg and empathic and very warrior like (though upbringging dose make alot of traits)

when we looked into blood types and looked scientific as well as spiritual theories we joke we are aleins thats why we dont fit here and are diff see our blood type cant even be explained (angry irish aliens we joke)

as i looked into the blood type ideas and theories i wonder to a point not in charecter but in genetics do you think there is somthing in some people from our great avatars,gods,goddess,superbeing from our evoulution may still be with us in this evoulution. what do you think? curiouse as to the veiws of others

i do know rh neg is missing rhea protien and is constant low low iron in the blood do you think there could be a conection as well with my earlier posting not fae but ya know lineage potential?

Leisha said:

SCENARIO 1: Person claims to be fae and says they have an iron "allergy".

1. Get their blood taken at a doctor's office and have an iron count done. If their blood contains ANY iron, and they claim that they are fae who can't handle iron, then their own blood would make them sick and they'd be dead by now. If they are alive, then they aren't fae.

2. With a researcher blinded to the study, make non-animal gelatin capsules, two of which contain iron and two others containing inert non-ferrous material. For a period of four hours, have your subject take capsule 1 (inert non-ferrous material) and tell them it does not contain iron. Record their physical response on a Likert-type scale with 0 (no reaction) to 5 (feeling on death's door) at 15 minute intervals over the course of one hour. For hour two, have your subject take capsule 2 (inert non-ferrous material) and tell them that it contains iron. Record their physical response on a Likert-type scale with 0 (no reaction) to 5 (feeling on deaths' door) at 15 minute intervals over the course of one hour. For hour three, have your subject take iron capsule and tell them it does not contain iron. Record their physical response on a Likert-type scale with 0 (no reaction) to 5 (feeling on death's door) at 15 minute intervals over the course of one hour. For hour four, have your subject take an iron capsule and tell them it contains iron. Record their physical response on a Likert-type scale with 0 (no reaction) to 5 (feeling on death's door) at 15 minute intervals over the course of one hour. Run the data through SAS and look at the p values generated.

I'm afraid I'm not really able to read what your post is saying tonight. If someone can either clean up the post and repost it, I'll take a look at it, however.

If you're talking about being Rh negative, it hasn't caused any changes in my life whatsoever aside from needing a Rhogam shot during my pregnancy as a precaution if I should actually get pregnant again. There's a really silly YouTube video out there that talks a lot about weirdness involving Rh negative blood. It's bunko, but it is funny. 

mysticraven said:

I have a question maybe you could help me with......Im a bit into DNA genetics as a personal read by no means and actual educational standard but intuitivly and through a few studies i have wonderd on a bloodline level now by no means at all is this to be taken as an opinion agreeing with those who claim to be fae at all what so ever......

But I do tend to think in terms of genetics/bloodline alot of differant controversil information is out there on many sides concerning bloodlines evolution and so forth.

but I do belive we some folks do carry decendant bloodlines high frontal lobe skull stucture blood type heath issues or in some cases lack ther of.....really this isint in just reguard to fae but any seemingly introduced genetics

such as RH neg blood only like 30,000 yrs old and blood dosent mutate so where did it come from? rh neg is missing the rhea protien or aka (monkey gene)  those with physical oddities high fevers not ill blood types  then character traits as well just curious as to what you guys think of this veiw on genetics and where we are now i do belive some carry genes of old and though they are not aleins or fae possibly an inherant genetic

my kids and i tease each other about the blood type idea for we are irish by tradition and hertige by no means geographicaly we are american and born and raised but our grandfathers and elder family are right outta Kildare

well 2 of my 3 kids are rh neg and empathic and very warrior like (though upbringging dose make alot of traits)

when we looked into blood types and looked scientific as well as spiritual theories we joke we are aleins thats why we dont fit here and are diff see our blood type cant even be explained (angry irish aliens we joke)

as i looked into the blood type ideas and theories i wonder to a point not in charecter but in genetics do you think there is somthing in some people from our great avatars,gods,goddess,superbeing from our evoulution may still be with us in this evoulution. what do you think? curiouse as to the veiws of others

I think that the difference here is that you will find that many if not most of us believe that the Forest Gentry are real entities, but not humans.  Conversely we also believe that humans are not the Fae.  So if one is unarguably human then claiming to be Fae is simply untrue and it is often done in as a way of feeling more special about oneself. 

There is also a great difference in believing in the existence of a Greater Power, which many of us do and which we know cannot be proven.  I would not challenge that belief.  However, if someone came on this board and claimed that THEY were a God, or that THEY were a Higher Power I would indeed ask for a demonstration to show that what they were claiming was true.  Keeping an open mind to the point where one's brains fall out and roll around the floor isn't a healthy way to live.

And on RealPagan we do not hold to the idea of "vampires", "were-critters", "OtherKin" or other fictional creations.  In fact we even have a rule about discussing such fictional beings on this particular site: "No playganism (role-playing paganism), were-creatures, "vampires" or other fictional entities allowed. Let's keep the site living up to its name."

I think the important difference is that between saying you believe in the existence of something unprovable and in claiming that you are something other than human when it is possible to easily prove the contrary.

druidking said:

Leisha hi.

I understand that perhaps their are many with your same views. And I must say I really do not know you at all, except that you are in a Pagan Social site. So having said that I would wonder how you would feel, if the question where ask to you or anyone believing in any higher Power, spirit,Gala spirit, Mother Nature, God or Goddess to take the same test? Perhaps asking them to have said power put on a few shows for us, a little walk on water et.

Who's Game?

RSS

CURRENT MOON

© 2014   Created by Sangraal.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Pagan Top Sites List