A popular term in the New Age and occult worlds, a psychic vampire is one who drains others of their energy,vitality,and emotion.The phrase psychic vampire is used synonymously with energy vampire and spiritual vampire. The word vampire conjures up a dark,gothic image of one purposely going out and doing harm,a creature of evil. Most people who are catagorized as psychic or energy vampires are not conscious of what they are doing,and don't understand the mechanics involved. Most of these people are not in a place of spiritual health or power,and are often plagued with physical,mental,or emotional issues and depression.

When such vampires find a person who is bright and vital,they seek to be with that person, subconsciously hoping to draw from that experience and be more like that vital person. But instead of raising their own vibration and energy,changing their patterns to match the higher vibration of light and enthusiasm, they end up bringing the other person down. They physically feed on the energies of vital people to fill the holes in their own energy bodies.

Most often,the physically healthy people don't understand the energy dynamic,and can't prevent the drain. All they know that is when a certain person comes around,the one with a perpetual black cloud hanging overhead,they feel drained.

The vampires simply want to feel better,but feel worse when people start to shun them,spiraling further into depression and darkness.

Some of these vampires purposely go out to cause harm and drain others of their vital energy,and this is basis for harmful magick.

Views: 71

Replies to This Discussion

Merry Meet.  Thank you for this post.  I have recently (4 months ago) broke off with a person in my life that was supposed to have been my soul mate.  Actually he dumped me say that he "needed to find himself".   I was so "involved" with my relationship that I have never realized that he was a psychic vampire that has now four months later totally drained me of all emotion.  It has taken me so far all this time to get him out of my system.  Days would go by that I totally cry myself into nothingness every single morning, having to cope running my office and not look like death with puffy eye and a red face.  Then there are days where I start my work with a brilliant outlook for the day, the sun was shining, and I felt like life again, but as soon as he is at the workplace, I started feeling depressed and so drained that I have to resort to taking "pick me up" tabbies to be able to just cope for the day.  I have put on so much weight, and this after I have lost all the weight previously because of health issues.  He has not only just drained me emotionally which now is effecting my health, he has also drained my financially.  To the extent that I have to work so much overtime, just to get me out of my financial situations, that it will take at least another two months before I would even be out of my overdraught.  But everyday it is going better.  So far, I have not cried every single morning and am beginning to enjoy my music again.  I am also beginning to plan doing things to set myself up before my retirement in 19 months' time.  Hopefully I will survive and just get on with life, which is so worth living.  I am planning to return the remainder of his stuff to his flat and then with that I have hopefully and truthfully burned this bridge once and for all.   Thank you again for the article.  I actually got the Witches' Shield, which I now think I should start reading.  (I am one of those people who buy books, because I LOVE books, and then put them on my book shelf and not reading them, like collecting the books for the sake of having the book ;))  Blessings in Life, Love and Light.

Thank you for your reply Christa,yes there are a lot of good information in The Witches Shield-Christopher Penczak-glad you have the book. A lot of remedies to help you.If he also drained you financially-have a yard sale! LOL.Do not give anyone the power to drag you down,there is always things in life that give you purpose-so keep grounding yourself!

Merry Meet,  Yep, I could have a yard sale and donate the money.  But I know of a lot of people that do not have clothes etc. so I am going to donate all his clothes to them.  We are going into Winter, and there are a lot of destitute people with much less than me.  I am sure the clothing and some bedding would go much further .  I was going to drop it all off at his flat, but have decided against that move.  Walked into the office now this morning feeling as if a great weight has shifted off my shoulders.  Will hand his keys to him personally tomorrow when he is at work.  Hopefully this bridge has now burned itself out.  Blessings in Life, Love and Light.

Oriel aka Brigid Valkeryee said:

Thank you for your reply Christa,yes there are a lot of good information in The Witches Shield-Christopher Penczak-glad you have the book. A lot of remedies to help you.If he also drained you financially-have a yard sale! LOL.Do not give anyone the power to drag you down,there is always things in life that give you purpose-so keep grounding yourself!

Thank you Christa-and stay positive! If you feel yourself getting down again,practice the yoga,its in The Witches Shield.

Merry Meet.  Will give it a try, as I am so depressed.  Do not want to go to the doctor as he will only put me on anti-depressants, and I do not want all those chemicals in my system.  But thanks for the advice, will find my book and start reading.

RSS

About

Steve Paine created this Ning Network.

© 2017   Created by Steve Paine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Pagan Top Sites List