Back in the days when I worked an office job, I spent a lot of time listening to podcasts. Lately, I've gotten away from them, but still have a bunch in my queue. Here's the ones I've listened to. What's in your shuffle?

5 Star Spells: Technically, it's a BlogTalkRadio show, but the couple of episodes I listened to (although not that great) show that the show may have a bit of promise. It's largely hoodoo-centric, but it's got some good names in it.

Elemental Castings: This is one that I actually have trouble listening to while I work. This podcast by T. Thorn Coyle is extremely deep in treatment of material, and requires full attention.

The iPod Witch: I listen to this one for the humor factor. The host isn't the brightest candle on the altar, and her information is pretty poor or outright wrong, but she's just so cute about her fluffitude that it is fun to listen to and wonder "Was I ever that silly?"

New World Witchery: Another fairly new podcast, but better than most. This covers a lot of material from American-inspired witchcraft practices.

Pagan Centered Podcast: I had a history teacher who once described Martin Luther as Rude, Crude, and Socially Unacceptable. Perhaps PCP is the Martin Luther of paganism. They tend to be obscene, get sidetracked easily, and provide incorrect information, but every once in a while they hit on thoughtful spiritual gold. Think Howard Stern meets The Craft.

Pagan Hooligans: Supposedly, this is a podcast chronicling the exploration into paganism of two newbies. I say supposedly because the way they act and sound just doesn't feel authentic as newbie--almost as if they've been around for a while and are trying to make a podcast about what being a newbie might be like in this day and age. Still, an interesting listen.

The Wigglian Way: Their early episodes got a "meh" rating from me, but later topics have proven to be very intriguing. This is a Wiccan-influenced podcast, and it is wonderful to hear traditionalists on the air talking about public aspects of their practice.

Witchery of One: I can't decide if I like this podcast or not. It has the influence of a TIW mindset, but it just never clicks for me. Nonetheless, I still think it is worth a listen. 

Witches Brew-ha-ha: I loved the early episodes of this, but later ones aren't quite as appealing as they first were. I do have hope it will regain its stride later on, but this is a great little podcast for discussion on basic topics from an eclectic, but modern witch, viewpoint.

There's a bunch that I have listened to in the past that I'm not putting up here, but I'm curious...what sort of podcasts do you listen to? What are your views on the ones I've mentioned? Any others I should check out?

Views: 193

Replies to This Discussion

I absolutely adore Real Wicca by Jeff Bray. His first two episodes are the best ("Real Wicca" and "Fluffy Bunnies"), but I'm hoping the next few will be as good. I wasn't as impressed with "New Age".

http://realwicca.blogspot.com/
Great list. I love many of the same, my favourites being: Pagan Hooligans, Witchesbrewhaha, Standing Stone and Garden Gate, Pagan-Flavoured Popsicle, Inciting a Riot, Iron Powaqa and New World Witchery. I highly recommend New World Witchery, it's an absolute fantastic, knowledge-packed show. As for the Pagan Hooligans seeming more experienced than newbies, I think Jasmine has studied Paganism for a while, but had only introduced Isaac to it as the Podcast starts. I might be wrong, though, I used to listen to the episodes as I was falling asleep in the summer. :P

I really enjoyed the real wicca podcast too, but I can only find 3 episodes. Did his website move?

Aislynn said:

I absolutely adore Real Wicca by Jeff Bray. His first two episodes are the best ("Real Wicca" and "Fluffy Bunnies"), but I'm hoping the next few will be as good. I wasn't as impressed with "New Age".

http://realwicca.blogspot.com/

I don't think so.  Unfortunately, this podcast seems to have died.

Steven Mulvay said:

I really enjoyed the real wicca podcast too, but I can only find 3 episodes. Did his website move?

RSS

About

Steve Paine created this Ning Network.

© 2017   Created by Steve Paine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Pagan Top Sites List