I must admit, I love my iPad. What surprised me is how few pagan-witchcraft-related apps are available out there. Anyone have ideas of what good apps are available that you use in your Craft practices?

Views: 120

Replies to This Discussion

Are you talking purely iPhone/iPad?

I have quite a few that I'll dig up when i'm at home.. From things such as astrology software to Tarot deck making software, right down to a digital "Book of Law," for Thelemites... but all are on PC (or in some cases, web.)
Any tech works. For me, I'm on a Mac and very iPad-centric at this point, but any suggestions out there that can help others would be welcome, too.



Shawn said:
Are you talking purely iPhone/iPad?

I have quite a few that I'll dig up when i'm at home.. From things such as astrology software to Tarot deck making software, right down to a digital "Book of Law," for Thelemites... but all are on PC (or in some cases, web.)
One of the apps that I was talking about, I just pulled up again.

it's a free download, and is a Tarot software (Though you could use it for any oracle deck, or any card deck really.)

http://www.brothersoft.com/edinamarry-free-tarot-software-download-...

I believe there is an "official" page, outside of the download page, but I cannot find it right now for the life of me.
Things I make use of (all iPod apps)

iPause: labyrinth meditation app: you can either physically trace the path, or watch it slowly move itself.

Perpetuum : an app that shows you the moon phase and where the sun is for each day on two ellipses (and you can circle forwards and backwards: it has a lovely interface design)

BreathPacer: it's designed as a health app, for relaxing breathing, but it allows you to set the intervals youself, and gives quiet non-distracting sound cues (also, a timer)

And while I use HomeRoutines mostly for household chores (it lets you pre-set lists and cross them off: you can set lists to reset daily, weekly, etc.) I also have lists specific to my religious life: pre-ritual prep, things to prep before a student comes over, etc.
For iPad apps I use:

Phases: A fairly decent lunar calendar.

Google Earth: To assist in sending energy remotely

Relax: Basically a new age mixing board for meditation background sounds
I just snagged HomeRoutines. Been looking for something like this for quite some time...and it looks *awesome*.

Jenett said:

And while I use HomeRoutines mostly for household chores (it lets you pre-set lists and cross them off: you can set lists to reset daily, weekly, etc.) I also have lists specific to my religious life: pre-ritual prep, things to prep before a student comes over, etc.


Leisha said:
I just snagged HomeRoutines. Been looking for something like this for quite some time...and it looks *awesome*.
[blockquote] It really is - I love how flexible it is. (and she's continuing to add more options over time...) Also, the little piechart stars just make me happy.

Here is a link that contains several different free downloads for your computer that are useful for example there is Astrology software, Moon Phase calendars, I-Ching software, and herb and healing with herbs software as well as some just for fun software like the Touchwood program that lets you knock on wood from your computer screen LOL. some of the software will work on systems with windows 95 or higher but make sure you check there might be some that are good for mac systems too.

http://www.pagan-heart.co.uk/freeware.html

The one app I had to get for my Smartphone was a Pdf reader.

I ended up PAYING for one! PAYING!!! OK, it was only a couple of pounds, so it wasn't that bad.

Its "ezPDF Reader".

I used it for work to start with, handy for keeping procedures and documents on, but then I had a few pagan books on PDF, and it works well, and lets you add notes and bookmarks etc.

What sort of programs are you looking for? My husband has been looking for an app idea to write for a while now. If there's something you would like to be able to do and can't find an app for, let me know. He might be up for the challenge... :)

RSS

About

Steve Paine created this Ning Network.

© 2017   Created by Steve Paine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Pagan Top Sites List