Merry met everyone new and old! Here is a list of 20 questions that if you'd like to, answer and give everyone a glimpse into who you are as a practitioner of your faith, and just what that faith is! As some of you know, the paths and practices of the people in our pagan community contains such vast diversity that I just can't wait to see what you all have to bring to the table in this wonderful website.

1:  How would you best describe your spiritual path?

2:  How long have you been practicing?

3:  Do you follow a particular deity or set of deities? If so, who?

4:  Some of the people on here have trade skills or abilities, like reading tarot cards, empathy, aura reading. Do you have anything like these you'd like to share with us?

5:  What inspired you initially to discover your path?

6:  Does your family follow a similar path? If not, are they accepting of your choice?

7:  If you celebrate, what is your favorite holiday?

8:  What is your favorite myth or legend?

9:  Is there a funny or interesting story regarding your path you'd like to share?

10:  Do you have a ritual you do everyday? (Even something simple, like thanking your spiritual guide/deity for the lesson you have learned that day.)

11:  What are some things you want to learn about in regards to your faith/path?

12:  Have you experienced negativity from others for the path you've chosen? 

13:  Does your path work well with your career? (Massage therapy, life coach, ect.)

14:  What are some of your hobbies outside of your practice?

15:  What is your favorite way to honor your deity?

16:  Do you have a business based off your beliefs? Would you like to have one?

17:  Would you be willing to teach someone your path?

18:  What is a favorite quote that relates to your path?

19:  What are some goals you wish to accomplish in your path?

20: If you'd like to go into detail about your beliefs, about you, or about anything else not included in the first 19, throw it in here! :)

Views: 639

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pagan at the roots, I try to have a personal relationship with nature and I follow closest the path of Pagan Druidry. I'm a ponderer and I try to allow nature to speak and teach me.  

2:  How long have you been practicing?

13 hearty years. 

I say mother and father when i speak with nature, but i never label them to deeply. It usually comes naturally to decide whom to connect with at any given moment. 

4:  Some of the people on here have trade skills or abilities, like reading tarot cards, empathy, aura reading. Do you have anything like these you'd like to share with us?

I love practicing tarot, I'm a natural at aura reading, and a dedicated empath artist.

Seeing auras as a child and having that fantasy curiosity drove me to find the path that gave meaning to my love for nature and energy.

6:  Does your family follow a similar path? If not, are they accepting of your choice?

My family doesn't mind, they are non religious though.

I love all festive occasions! It brings the air to life!

Not so sure about this one.

9:  Is there a funny or interesting story regarding your path you'd like to share?

My in-laws are christian. :) its always amusing.

10:  Do you have a ritual you do everyday? (Even something simple, like thanking your spiritual guide/deity for the lesson you have learned that day.)

Yes that exactly is a ritual for me, I am always talking to and thanking my guides

11:  What are some things you want to learn about in regards to your faith/path?

I don't think anyone truly ever stops learning on any path. I hope to always find more.

Of course, I pay no mind though, and it is not something I allow to become a burden.

13:  Does your path work well with your career? (Massage therapy, life coach, ect.)

Of course, I am an artist, and I am self employed. 

Art, reading, crafts, building self - sustainable structures, activism. 

Communication, thanks, sun and moon bathing, celebrating the holidays.

I do not, although I try to incorporate it into my art when I can. I would love to one day semi-retire and help others who are curious and have the desire to learn more on the path.

I already do that when people request it only though. I'm never the type to impose or try to explain something to someone unless the request it. One can only learn and understand something they desire to learn and understand.

-If you seek to understand the whole universe, you will understand nothing at all...but seek to understand yourself, and you will come to understand the whole universe.

hmmm

20: If you'd like to go into detail about your beliefs, about you, or about anything else not included in the first 19, throw it in here! 

1:  How would you best describe your spiritual path?

I walk a solitary path peppered with creativity, a connection with nature- animals especially.  This track I trek is what I would describe as a personal connection….

2:  How long have you been practicing?

Honestly I do not know how to answer this question.  As far back as any memory, even further by those who knew me as a young child, I have had a connection with animals. I lived in the forests in my grandmother’s backyard as a young child, and the rolling fields of my fathers farm as a young teenager.  Within this entire life (so far, that is) there has not been a day I do not feel connected to this Earth in a religious way.  I was about 13 the first time I purchased a book on witchcraft, my mother was furious.  This is where the solitary aspect comes in.  Over the next couple decades I studied crystals, divination (scrying and tarot, and I’ve always wanted to learn palmistry & have a head for astrology), candle magick, Victorian witchcraft, herbs for medicinal purposes… basically this and that feeling around for my niche… if I had to label myself it would be a Green Witch… 

3:  Do you follow a particular deity or set of deities? If so, who?

…the complication in the depth of a question… yes, however who is part of my personal connection…

4:  Some of the people on here have trade skills or abilities, like reading tarot cards, empathy, aura reading. Do you have anything like these you'd like to share with us?

Most of my life I’ve been told I’m just too emotional, for a very long time I was unable to understand.  Somewhere within the past 5 or so years I’ve realized I am an empath.

5:  What inspired you initially to discover your path?

Always being told I was like no one else, not like anyone most have ever met.  Some are angry when they say it, others seem almost tongue-tied trying to figure just what it was that made them say that… and of course I always wanted to know why.  This will sound strange but there is something inside… some type of peace almost guiding me… I just had to wait for all the noise to stop in order to feel it.  The closer I feel to peace the closer I am to knowing myself, my purpose.  Only then, I believe, will I know my piece of peace.  Only then will I be able to fulfill my purpose. 

6:  Does your family follow a similar path? If not, are they accepting of your choice?

The only person who knows is my child.  She accepts it.

7:  If you celebrate, what is your favorite holiday?

Autumnal Equinox, Winter Solstice… it has something to do with the weather

8:  What is your favorite myth or legend?

I’m not sure there is a favorite, does The Complete Grimm Brother’s count as one?  

9:  Is there a funny or interesting story regarding your path you'd like to share?

Not that I can recall at this moment…

10:  Do you have a ritual you do everyday? (Even something simple, like thanking your spiritual guide/deity for the lesson you have learned that day.)

I try to keep an open dialogue with my spiritual guides, especially when I am grateful for a gift, a clue, any type of help or release.  I am still learning, trying to feel out my plan for daily rituals… one thing for sure, at some point hopefully in the next year or so will include a lot of gardening and beekeeping.

11:  What are some things you want to learn about in regards to your faith/path?

Gardening tips, is anyone else out there a Green Witch with aspirations to become a Beekeeper?  Moon Gardening.  I’d like to feel part of a community of like-minded individuals (even though of a wide variety). 

12:  Have you experienced negativity from others for the path you've chosen?

A long time ago, yes.

13:  Does your path work well with your career? (Massage therapy, life coach, etc.)

Yes

14:  What are some of your hobbies outside of your practice?

Going out with my daughter (the talks we have, she is my favorite human being ever, and she teaches me a lot, lol), writing poetry, I am currently attempting prose, music, art work… painting oil/acrylic, drawing pen&ink/pencil, being outside especially in autumn, winter and spring… I love movies, reading, spending time with my animals…

15:  What is your favorite way to honor your deity?

Communication, gratitude, prayers, trying to be a human being, practicing mindfulness, and compassion.  Soon I will have my hands in the Earth and that will be another way. 

16:  Do you have a business based off your beliefs? Would you like to have one?

No I do not, and yes… there are some plans in the works…

17:  Would you be willing to teach someone your path?

No, only because I have no idea how to teach what it is?  I am still learning… possibly in the future if I feel my knowledge is competent enough.

18:  What is a favorite quote that relates to your path?

I have 3, which, to me all seem one… perhaps that is why my path has such a personal, solitary taste to it.  These three are “The Wiccan Rede” “Law of Karma” & “The Golden Rule”.

19:  What are some goals you wish to accomplish in your path?

Peace, I want to be some part of the insightful change that must happen… before we destroy our Earth, and our humanity… the world today is something of a horror show, most of the time… there must be change….  I want to have a productive green thumb, become a positive force, discover my purpose.

20: If you'd like to go into detail about your beliefs, about you, or about anything else not included in the first 19, throw it in here!

I’ll just let those 19 steep…

I would, however like to say “Thank You” for accepting me to this group.  I look forward to being a member of this community…

Namaste, Blessed Be & Sincerity,

Crow White

1:  How would you best describe your spiritual path? Practical Magick. Nothing fancy.

2:  How long have you been practicing? Still in the learning phase.

3:  Do you follow a particular deity or set of deities? If so, who? I am drawn to Hecate but I do not active follow her.

4:  Some of the people on here have trade skills or abilities, like reading tarot cards, empathy, aura reading. Do you have anything like these you'd like to share with us? I'm an empath, I can feel auras and occasionally se them (I'm working on seeing them at will), and I can heal minor pains through touch.

5:  What inspired you initially to discover your path? I've believed in Magick since I was 4. I knew that the Christian God wasn't for me all the way back then.

6:  Does your family follow a similar path? If not, are they accepting of your choice? My husband is accepting. My mother-in-law knows but doesn't like to talk about it. None of my other family knows as it would start a war and the crazy ones would feel I'm unfit to be a mother.

7:  If you celebrate, what is your favorite holiday? The winter holidays because I like the food!

8:  What is your favorite myth or legend? I don't believe in myths. The stories have lasted a millennia and haven't changed so they must be real.

9:  Is there a funny or interesting story regarding your path you'd like to share? If you get to know me, you'll find out I'm quite the eclectic person and you'll laugh at me a lot in pretty much everything I do.

10:  Do you have a ritual you do everyday? (Even something simple, like thanking your spiritual guide/deity for the lesson you have learned that day.) Sadly, I do not.

11:  What are some things you want to learn about in regards to your faith/path? Confidence

12:  Have you experienced negativity from others for the path you've chosen? I've hidden my path to avoid the negativity. I used to wear my pentacle to work but the angst I could feel from everyone was overbearing so I had to stop wearing it.

13:  Does your path work well with your career? (Massage therapy, life coach, ect.) I work at GEICO so it doesn't effect it.

14:  What are some of your hobbies outside of your practice? Reading, Cross Stitch, Cooking and Baking, I'm teaching myself to sew.

15:  What is your favorite way to honor your deity? I don't follow a diety although I'm getting the triple moon as a tattoo in a couple weeks.

16:  Do you have a business based off your beliefs? Would you like to have one? I do not. I think it could be fun if I did have one.

17:  Would you be willing to teach someone your path? Of coarse!

18:  What is a favorite quote that relates to your path? If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you: Sachin Mittal

19:  What are some goals you wish to accomplish in your path? Peace within myself

20: If you'd like to go into detail about your beliefs, about you, or about anything else not included in the first 19, throw it in here! :) I love to meet new people and learn about different beliefs and cultures. Anyone is welcome to PM/Inbox me. I'll be on this site most days even for just a few minutes.

Grey Witch with Druid and Native American influences....soo....uhh Pagan :P

2:  How long have you been practising?

10 years

My Deities come from many places but most of them are Celtic. Selene, The Morrigan, Cerdiwen, Lir, Loki and Papa Legba (he popped up and has been a buddy since) Masauwu has popped up recently

Clairvoyance, I see dead people...well commune with them too. I also read runes and tarot, sometimes water and mirror divination

my friend randomly stop and sat down on a rock or something when we were in high school. I asked her what she was doing and she flat out told me she was enjoying nature for a moment. I asked her to explain and she told me she was pagan. I later looked it up and well here I am :P

They're all Christian, I don't talk about it with them

Samhien

Loch Ness

Well not entirely funny but something I learned from a spirit.
I used to live in a heavily haunted area during a training of sorts I learned this trick when my knee dislocated and popped back in (three days with that ouch XP) there were many spirits wandering around and one was a nurse. She told me to prop my leg up on a pillow. I asked someone about this and they said that was exactly what I needed to do.

Meditation, prayer and taking a short walk maybe

wouldn't mind trying out seances professionally

Haha, so same place I met the nurse spirit. it got out that I was pagan and this jerk straight up made a makeshift Ouija board out of a piece of paper and a old eyeglass lens and asked me to call upon a demon or something. 

Current unemployed so I'm gonna say no.

Rock collecting

Incense

I would love to start a business cleansing houses and maybe seances 

Yes.

I don't know of any quotes that relates but a few make sense. The sound of falling rain needs no translation. -Zen Roshi Morimoto.

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

― Bruce Lee

I really don't know how to answer this. what is the goal of any religion? the betterment of humankind? power? I have no idea. I like thinking I am one with the earth

20: If you'd like to go into detail about your beliefs, about you, or about anything else not included in the first 19,

throw it in here! :)

Take insperation from everywhere. be it a Disney movie or a ancient grimoire you can find wisdom in the strangest of places

1:  How would you best describe your spiritual path?

I practice traditional witchcraft, hoodoo, with shamanistic practices to keep me from being meaner than I should be :)

2:  How long have you been practicing?

15 years approximately.

3:  Do you follow a particular deity or set of deities? If so, who?

Yes. I typically keep specifics private.

4:  Some of the people on here have trade skills or abilities, like reading tarot cards, empathy, aura reading. Do you have anything like these you'd like to share with us?

I have a wide range of craft skills from leather work to wood work, sewing, bone carving, etc.

5:  What inspired you initially to discover your path?

Private.

6:  Does your family follow a similar path? If not, are they accepting of your choice?

No. My family follows a path of drug and alcohol abuse, joblessness, homelessness; as such, they are dead beats and I don't have anything to do with them period.

7:  If you celebrate, what is your favorite holiday?

Allentide :)

8:  What is your favorite myth or legend?

King Arthur, this is a segue into question 9.

9:  Is there a funny or interesting story regarding your path you'd like to share?

One time, at a gathering, there was this dude running around and bragging about how he was a very serious and upper echelon druid of the infinity times infinityth degree! He started repeating the "Charm of Making" which is of course from the 1981 movie "Excalibur"; my girlfriend was the one who called him out on it. It was very funny.

10:  Do you have a ritual you do everyday? (Even something simple, like thanking your spiritual guide/deity for the lesson you have learned that day.)

Yes.

11:  What are some things you want to learn about in regards to your faith/path?

More folkloric practice and how to not be a jerk.

12:  Have you experienced negativity from others for the path you've chosen?

Absolutely. Specifically, with regard to the use of animal bone. I am, honestly, flabbergasted with the absolute nastiness of the community generally speaking. Everyone preaches togetherness, but acts extremely stuck up. I'll receive the same treatment here, no doubt.

13:  Does your path work well with your career? (Massage therapy, life coach, ect.)

My path doesn't compliment my career. My path is for me and no one else.

14:  What are some of your hobbies outside of your practice?

See question 4.

15:  What is your favorite way to honor your deity?

Food offerings, water offerings, alcohol offerings.

16:  Do you have a business based off your beliefs? Would you like to have one?

I did have one; I closed my business down due to lack of sales and sexist "junk talk" about the fact that I am a male; see question 12.

17:  Would you be willing to teach someone your path?

Help, absolutely. I am not a teacher however.

18:  What is a favorite quote that relates to your path?

In time, the earth gives up all of her secrets.

19:  What are some goals you wish to accomplish in your path?

With regard to previous questions: to not be such a jerk.

20: If you'd like to go into detail about your beliefs, about you, or about anything else not included in the first 19, throw it in here! :)

No, other than what has already been stated.

1: How would you best describe your spiritual path?

My belief system is Fyrnsidu and I use comparative mythology, mostly indo european and reconstructed PIE myth and linguistics to round out my practice.

2: How long have you been practicing?

Unfocused pagan for about 4 years but I have been focused on Fyrnsidu for about 4 years. I guess that is 8 years in total.

3: Do you follow a particular deity or set of deities? If so, who?

Yes, the Anglo-Saxon deities

4: Some of the people on here have trade skills or abilities, like reading tarot cards, empathy, aura reading. Do you have anything like these you'd like to share with us?

Nope.

5: What inspired you initially to discover your path?

Disatisfaction with feeling spiritually unconnected, so I started reading some neopagan books, tried eclectic witchcraft and joined a WT ( where I learned a great deal) but I still felt like something was missing.

My epiphany came when I read a simple book by Alaric Albertsson, “Travels Through Middle Earth: The Path of a Saxon Pagan”, I was drawn strongly to Anglo-Saxon paganism and have been reading, learning and practicing ever since.

6: Does your family follow a similar path? If not, are they accepting of your choice?

No. We have a live and let live philosophy in our family.

7: If you celebrate, what is your favorite holiday?

I call it the defeat of winter. Our weather changes fast, we really only have two climatic seasons.

8: What is your favorite myth or legend?

Gilgamesh.

9: Is there a funny or interesting story regarding your path you'd like to share?

I think I am cursed in regard to pagan chat sites. I I joined Alaric Albertsson group, Swain Wodening's ASHMAIL and the Australian site Pagan Veil, all of which shutdown. I was also a member of WT about ?4-5 years ago and was going to rejoin but they have also closed down. I recognized a few names on here from my short time on WT so I thought would try this site.

10: Do you have a ritual you do everyday? (Even something simple, like thanking your spiritual guide/deity for the lesson you have learned that day.)

Yes, I praise Sunne every day for her warmth and abundance, either at dawn or sunset, it's a simple ritual but I makes me feel connected.

11: What are some things you want to learn about in regards to your faith/path?

There is always plenty to learn, it's hard to focus on specifics.

12: Have you experienced negativity from others for the path you've chosen?
Not really.

13: Does your path work well with your career? (Massage therapy, life coach, ect.)

I don't think that matters as long as you do your best in whatever you choose as your livelihood, that will honour yourself, your kin and community.

14: What are some of your hobbies outside of your practice?

Gardening, fossicking, reading and knitting. We are also grey nomads.

15: What is your favorite way to honor your deity?

With votive offerings and praise poetry.

16: Do you have a business based off your beliefs? Would you like to have one?

No.

17: Would you be willing to teach someone your path?

Yes, I am happy to share but teaching others is not to be taken lightly.

18: What is a favorite quote that relates to your path?

“The words and promises you bring are fair enough, but because they are new to us and doubtful, I cannot consent to accept them and forsake those beliefs which I and the whole English race have held so long.”
(King Ethelbert to St Augustine – AD 597)

19: What are some goals you wish to accomplish in your path?

This year I have set myself the task of formalising my ritual year, I'm a bit ad hoc at the moment.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Steve Paine created this Ning Network.

© 2017   Created by Steve Paine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Pagan Top Sites List