This site has an amazing wealth of members who are knowledgeable about all sorts of subjects. For a lot of us, when we sit down to write an essay, we often aren't sure what topics people actually want to know about. This is the place for members to request topics that they'd like to see written about, and for members who are writing essays to note what they're working on. Once I get back from my pilgrimage to the south, I'll be working to update this thread in terms of essays desired and essays being worked on. Hopefully this will allow for a wonderful collaborative experience benefitting all members.

ESSAYS REQUESTED

How and why tarot is used in spell work

The separation in BTW between belief and practice--does theology matter at all? Would BTW be classified as a religion or is it only an practice/activity or does it fall somewhere in between?

The difference between Alexandrian and Gardnerian Wicca

Any variety of introduction to the _blank_ path (i.e., if you are part of a path, write up a little essay about your path). An example of one would be the Alexandrian essay here: http://realpagan.net/forum/topics/alexandrian-tradition (and for simplicity sake, if you're writing that up, file it in the Trad and Training forum). Some examples of requested ones include Shinto, Asatru, any of the myriad Ceremonialist paths, any of the myriad First Nations paths, the Luciferian path, Hoodoo and Conjure, etc. If it is something that you've got a group about, write an introductory essay on it. :)

Akashic records and akasha--would like to know more about this and how it pertains to the universe

ESSAYS BEING WORKED ON

Ways for severe empaths to manage their ability while living in the modern world--being worked on by Flammeous

ESSAYS COMPLETED

What is the purpose of casting a circle? Available here: http://realpagan.net/forum/topics/why-do-we-cast-a-circle 

Hellenism -- Available here: http://realpagan.net/forum/topics/hellenism-1 

Gardnerian tradition -- Available here: http://realpagan.net/forum/topics/a-statement-of-practice-the

Views: 351

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Absolutely fantastic idea, Leisha!
Bump--new essay requested.
I can cover the casting of a circle quite easily. :) I'll bite into it right away.

I also went ahead and featured it, so that it can be found easily when newcomers are browsing the threads and cannot find something they would like to know.

Good request, Frater. I, too, would love to see a review of it, especially since some folks suggest that a theology IS part of the praxis, whilest others seem to emphasize it's only a hands-on thing, beliefs aside.
Back from vacation and got this updated. If you see anything else for me to add, let me know. :)
I'll get to cracking at putting together an introduction to runecrafting. I may have something setting about from my archives already put together... I'll see what I have.
Awesome! Can't wait to read it!

Beorc Kano said:
I'll get to cracking at putting together an introduction to runecrafting. I may have something setting about from my archives already put together... I'll see what I have.
I am stoked for this, can't wait to read it!

Beorc Kano said:
Updated: new essay requested.
I have already made a thread on Hellenism HERE . I would like to make one on how Hellenism CAN in fact be fused with Witchcraft, partially as a reply for the Greek Recons that are in general against it as well as to provide information and a view on a topic that is fairly unknown.
You know, it's always fascinated me. I know that Hellenic culture feared witchcraft (as has, to be fair, every other culture). I've long thought that was more of an "Olympian" perspective, a prohibition of the followers of Apollonian practices, than it was a "Chthonic" view. I know that archaeologists indicated that Hellenic altars come in two varities: Olympian ones, in which sacrifices were burned, wafting them up to Mount Olympus, and Chthonic ones, in which the sacrifices were buried or performed in pits.

I don't honestly know where I'm going wit this. Just musing, if you will. :D

Alorer Stef said:
I have already made a thread on Hellenism HERE . I would like to make one on how Hellenism CAN in fact be fused with Witchcraft, partially as a reply for the Greek Recons that are in general against it as well as to provide information and a view on a topic that is fairly unknown.
Hehehehe it was a semantics/name thing if you ask me. "Common people" throughout Greece practiced magic avidly. Bindings, love magic, for wealth, health, protection, you name it. What they were against was "witchcraft" because witches back then were the ones who harmed indiscriminately and hold knowledge of poisons and other such things (something most people were oblivious about or knew very little). If we look at it objectively, the witchcraft of those feared people and the magic of everyone else are one and the same. It wasn't socially and cultural "correct" to lump it together though.

I wouldn't necessarily agree that it was Olympian POV. Olympian deities were petinioned or forced in works of magic as often as the chthonian ones. Ares is a bright example of this. In addition, chthonic sacrifice often included a "holocaust", meaning the animal that was sacrificed was burnt thoroughly, as opposed to simply cooking it and offering the inedible parts (a primary characteristic of Olympian sacrifice).

Oops! Leisha, sorry for hijacking the thread! :D

Oakthorne said:
You know, it's always fascinated me. I know that Hellenic culture feared witchcraft (as has, to be fair, every other culture). I've long thought that was more of an "Olympian" perspective, a prohibition of the followers of Apollonian practices, than it was a "Chthonic" view. I know that archaeologists indicated that Hellenic altars come in two varities: Olympian ones, in which sacrifices were burned, wafting them up to Mount Olympus, and Chthonic ones, in which the sacrifices were buried or performed in pits.

I don't honestly know where I'm going wit this. Just musing, if you will.

Alorer Stef said:

It is done. http://realpagan.net/forum/topics/eclectic-runecraft-what-are

Leisha said:

Awesome! Can't wait to read it!

Beorc Kano said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Steve Paine created this Ning Network.

© 2016   Created by Steve Paine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Pagan Top Sites List